Technical assistance for the health sector support programme (PASS) with the aim of reducing the morbidity and mortality of the population by improving the operation of Healthcare services.
Luanda, Bie, Huambo, Benguela and Huila
Ministry of Health
Reducing population morbidity and mortality by improving the operation of healthcare services.
Strengthening the administrative structure of the Ministry of Health at the central level and the decentralised healthcare structures in Luanda and the provinces of Bie, Huambo, Benguela and Huila and their respective municipalities.
7.5 M EUR
- Consultancy for institutional and organizational development.
- Technical support for improving the capacities to design, plan and manage the Primary Care service.
- Training provincial healthcare managers and technicians in planning, managing and developing financial plans for healthcare services.
- Holding workshops in each of the provinces to ensure the transmission of healthcare knowledge at the level of senior and mid-level cadres, as well as between direct beneficiaries (families, communities).
- Support for pharmaceutical sector regulation and the use of essential medicines.
- Dissemination of project results at central and provincial levels.
- Training laboratory technicians in the use of equipment for blood transfusions.