Construction, equipment, technical assistance, and training of compulsory basic education centres until grade nine, and pre-school centres in communities of extreme poverty.
Projects Honduras 2014
Honduran Communities in Extreme Poverty
Basic Education Schools
Build the complete infrastructure of four Basic Education Centres in other municipalities in Honduras.
Provide each of the constructed centres with furniture, didactic equipment, training materials, and bibliographic resources to carry out teaching activities, as well as workshop equipment and tools for training students in specific subjects in accordance with the labour demand of the different areas where the centres are located.
The total constructed area was 16,675.42 m2.
10 M USD
- Pre-school and Basic education classrooms, administrative areas, school lunch room, library, teachers’ lounge, cafeteria, sanitary modules, computer lab, Natural Sciences laboratory, adapted workshops. They also include areas for agricultural training, a guardhouse, a multi-purpose sports field, recreation areas, a drinking water storage tank, general exterior works, and Training in Preventive and Corrective Maintenance of buildings, facilities, and equipment.
- Training in Natural Science, Carpentry, Welding and Electricity, Agriculture, and IT laboratories
- Supply of technical and didactic documentation, as well as self-study materials, for each of the students in the courses.
- Evaluation of the training for the job transfer.
- Training Plan and improving the impact of the job transfer, with Technical Support services after completing the training courses.
Scope of the project
- The provision of equipment for the project consisted of supplying furniture for all the constructed areas (administrative, school, outdoor and auxiliary elements...); playground and sports court equipment; kitchen equipment and kitchenware; equipment for computer and natural science laboratories; machines and tools for workshops in carpentry, cutting, other artisan work, food preparation, welding, electricity, and agriculture (horticulture and irrigation, grain cultivation, rabbit and poultry farm); teaching materials and learning resources; technical books, atlases, maps, and literary texts for bibliographic background.
- Installation of a communication system and satellite Internet access in each centre with a permanent and free connection.
- Technical-pedagogical programme of certified training and technology transfer for managers and teachers on the use of the equipment supplied in the areas of Natural Sciences, Carpentry, Welding and Electricity, Agriculture, Information Technology, and for the preventive and corrective maintenance of facilities and equipment. 160 hours of training for 225 participants in a total of 4 courses with technical support included for the didactic application of the new equipment and technologies, including e-training courses and a distance-training platform.