Provision of advanced equipment and technical-pedagogical updating of its teaching staff.
University of Panama
Project for the Universidad de Panamá in order to enhance its technological, training, and research capabilities through the provision of advanced equipment and the technical-pedagogical updating of its teaching staff.
25.9 M USD
- Enable teachers’ access to information and communication services, stimulating innovation to create new and better teaching-learning methods.
- Facilitate the transition to new teaching methodologies for teachers through a “technological-
- didactic” virtual and classroom-based basic training plan.
- Delivery, assembly, installation, and commissioning of equipment for various departments of the University.
Scope of the project
- Equipment for the following areas of the University: Natural Sciences; Pharmacy; Veterinary; Nursing; Medicine; Dentistry; Computing; Public Administration; Economy; Architecture; Communications.
- Carrying out training, education, and technical assistance programmes for the teaching staff involved in the project, related to the use and maintenance of the delivered equipment.
- Advice and supervision of the necessary remodelling and refurbishment works on the premises destined to receive the supplied equipment.
Training and Technical Assistance
- Teacher training, especially regarding the pedagogical use of ICTs.
- Promote a new approach to learning for students, providing training on basic ICT tools.
- Training for the handling and applications of the equipment.
- Advisory service for the improvement of technical resources.
- Institutional Strengthening.
- Technical assistance services in all phases and components of the project.
- Orientation for labour and for the creation of companies.
- Design action plans to promote this new university model.